Thursday, April 24, 2008

Our Wood-Mizer

Monday we picked up our Wood-Mizer LT15. The whole family was excited to be getting a sawmill.

Cody checking it out.
Cora keeping me company as I put it together.
Me and Cody starting it up for the first time.
Making my first cut.

A few words about Wood-Mizer:
I have been blown away with this company. I have wanted a Wood-Mizer for sometime and knew the company had a very good reputation both for their sawmills and customer service, but I had no idea they were this good. The mill is way better than I had hoped for, it is top notch and then some. They take no short cuts in the design or the construction.
Nathan and the crew at Wood-Mizer South went over and beyond to serve us. With mills ranging in price from $4,000 to $46,000 I would have thought we would have been treated like small potatoes. But they treated us as if we had spent the big money. When we left with our mill I felt as if we were now a part of the family. Wood-Mizer is an A++++ company!

4 comments:

docm said...

I've been thinking about Wood-mizer for yrs, just haven"t jumped yet. I also plan on doing a log home and/or a log barn/home. I'm very interested in your blog.....good luck and good cutting...docm

Cliff said...

docm, thanks for the interest in our blog. I know how it is to have that Wood-Mizer bug. I'm having a ball with it now that I've finally gotten one. Good luck with your building plans.

Jarkko said...

Hi Cliff,

Looks like you might be in a same situation as I was. Building schedules and life keep builder so busy that there is very little time for blogging.

I guess that the foundation frame is up and looking good, you have probably kept that WM running hot, and log home is proceeding nicely.

Good luck with your project, it is fascinating to follow it, especially you have such a hands-on and low-tech approach.

Rabiul Islam said...

Thanks for sharing this useful information with all of us.Keep

sharing more in the future.
Have a nice time ahead.